HigherEchelon Information Technology team uses Agile software development methodologies to manage overall programs. HigherEchelon supports project reviews; conducts status reviews; provides data management via database/data repository; provides resources management for training systems and software updates; and provides training and simulation development support.
The HigherEchelon team is responsible for computer/network setup and for administering and maintaining Microsoft and LINUX servers. In addition, HigherEchelon manages the backup of all critical data, maintains computer hardware and software, maintains a database of all IT inventory, and assists in system implementation. HigherEchelon works closely with the client to correct problems, perform root cause analysis, recommend and implement solutions where possible. The HigherEchelon approach is based on knowledge of systems and knowledge of customers’ requirements or constraints.
HigherEchelon supports the Army Game Studio (AGS) in developing web-based products America’s Army (link) projects. HigherEchelon creates user experiences and design interfaces from concept to production for new and existing sites as well as other interactive mediums. Our team works closely with creative and production teams to both implement and suggest or experiment with new ways to use web technologies while enforcing and maintaining strict coding standards, create project documentation, generate software and technical requirements, as well as wire frames demonstrating concept flow and interactivity.
- Security+ certified
- Network+ certified
- Microsoft certified or other relevant computing environment certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications; Linux environments; database management, security, and data access technologies
- Proficient in C, C++, and C#
- Proficient with scripting languages like Perl and/or Python
- Proficient with Ada
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3 standards
- Solid grasp of full-stack web application development processes
- Experience with single page apps (SPAs) framework or approaches
- Deep grasp of UI, Web User Interface Design (UI), cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards
- Working knowledge in SQL and noSQL programming for web application backends (e.g., mongodDB)